Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Media Milkshake

So I am doing more "communications" stuff at Grace, which means I am dragging my PR hat out of the closet once more, blowing the dust off and rolling up my sleeves. After attending a "seminar" on web stuff I am a born again public relations person, but not really. Because what I've decided is the term public relations is completely last century. The idea of communication for me is about evangelism. Seriously. It has to be. Wanting to share with everyone something that has honestly changed your life for the good. I am just so grateful that I don't have to share "widgets"- I can share about the things I really care about.

Speaking of widgets I have added some "bling" to my blog, the twitter feed. Check it out. I am just now really getting the hang of it. You can add it to your phone, you can choose people to follow (follow me, follow me!), I think you can comment? I am not sure. But check it out.

On another note I am reading The Shack (of course I am) so I am going to get to that. The protagonist is in a log cabin somewhere in a perfectionized version of Oregon, having tea with The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Aka "Papa"- an Aretha Franklin type character who represents Father, "Sarayu"- an ephemeral Asian woman with commitment issues- meant to be the Holy Spirit, and Jesus- a less than handsome Middle Eastern handyman with a Jewish nose. http://theshackbook.com.

I am torn between thinking it brilliant and ridiculous. Have you read it? Chime in. I'd love to start a discussion about this one. Here is the author's blog

Night night again,

Cameron
PS. I just changed my laptops clock back from Central European time. It's 5:51 am in Budapest right now. Crazy.

2 comments:

Beyond Abuse said...

the shack is life changing... i will never forget it

Cameron Dezen Hammon said...

I agree. I find myself not wanting it to end. thanks for the comment :-)