Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Believe it or not


You can take a look at this handy dandy map and figure about 1/2 these folks still don't have power. I am worried about my friends and neighbors who are ready to blow a fuse, so to speak. I can't believe how merciful God is with me. Seriously. I am almost a little embarrassed about how this hurricane has revealed to me the depth of my own high maintenance-ishness. But I guess I shouldn't be embarrassed. God knows me better than I know myself, right? Embarrassment suggests the revelation of something before hidden. Strange to think nothing is hidden from him and yet his love for me never changes. Hard to believe sometimes, isn't it? Or maybe hard to believe any of the time if you are like me. I can't say it enough read The Shack. Right now. Log off, sign off, shut down, whatever you need to do, go get this book and read it.

We are really trying to figure out the Budapest piece of our lives. Matt is going to apply to Central European University to get a masters degree in nationalism. He wants to eventually do a PHD around the subject of ethnic conflict in the Balkans- something that we feel we need to know about to do ministry in that region. We are working on the terra firma part of it- but we need the Holy Spirit part of it too. My friend Jane said God woke her up and told her "Cameron needs to be in a bible study." I am sad to say it has been a long time since I have really been in one. Anyone know of a good one I could join? Maybe in the mornings before work?

Please pray that Matt gets into the right graduate program. Please pray that he would really hear God's voice on the right direction to take our family. It's a big decision!

Hope you are all well powered and airconditioned but I know you are not. Let me know how I can pray for you.

Love, Cameron

4 comments:

LKP said...

I'm totally on board to do a study in the mornings if we can find one or find people who are interested!!

Kelly Walker said...

I want to have a bible study, too!!!

Cameron Dezen Hammon said...

let's do it!

C said...

i might also be interested depending on location, timing, etc. i've tinkered with the idea of grabbing folks of very different backgrounds and have some in mind, but no energy for organizing... please keep me posted on how it all comes together.