Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ladies Night?

There seems to be alot of interest in a bible study, all from my favorite ladies. I am wondering if the Thursday night Brasil idea would work as a "ladies night" bible study. We could meet at Brasil, eat and do a study.

Any takers?

The problem of course is who has energy to create a curriculum and/or lead? If we could get our hands on a good curriculum that's easy to follow I would be thrilled to fascillitate. What about the idea of making it a bible study/ book club- but the books are like The Shack, Purpose Driven Life, etc?

I am open to ideas. So far Kelly, Christina, Lauren P. and Claudia have expressed interest. With me that's a perfect sized group- we could even take a few more. Ladies, if your out there and you are interested, let me know. We can start as soon as we get a curriculum.....

Bring it!

4 comments:

C said...

you might regret inviting me...i'm a scheduling nightmare. i am currently in a class at Rice about the elections on Thursday evenings that ends the week before Thanksgiving. I can leave that night open after that if you want to go with that day and I'll join during the much more calm Advent season... as for the curriculum, i'll brainstorm with you some tonight, but since i would like to selfishly eschew all responsibility for leading, i'm happy to be a sheep and follow whatever the shepherd decides.

LKP said...

First let me say I am really excited to be a part of a new Bible Study and want to make it a priority. The only problem with Thursdays is I have a conflict also until Thanksgiving and after that every three Thursdays is a dinner club I am in. I will be there when I can for sure though!!!

Cameron Dezen Hammon said...

Maybe Thurs is out. God didn't say "cameron needs to be in a bible study on thursdays", did he? :-)

Kelly Walker said...

i'm willing to lead, but the way i lead is not a very planned ahead kind of way. maybe we could start with a particular book of the bible or even a book that is already set up in a study format?