Saturday, December 6, 2008

star o wonder

so it is 9:30pm and we are all in bed which can mean only one thing....a 7am call time! Yeah! Actually I am so excited because I get to sing the most amazing song ever. It's so incredible that it is no problem what so ever to get us all up, including the two year old, at 5ish to get ready. In fact I can't wait. I do have that throat tickle and hoarseness that is threatening to throw me into a panic- but I've never been a voice panicker before and I don't intend to start now. I am, however, speaking only in whispers and wearing a scarf to bed. I've become my high school voice major classmates. Ah! Where's my slippery elm!? Wait, I just whispered that because I am not aloud to speak. After 5pm. On performance days. On any days really. I actually knew people like this. It's cool though. I need to respect my voice more. I need to like warm up sometimes. What a novel concept. I don't realize what a gift and blessing it is until I can't use it. Like when I've lost my voice. It amazes me how much singing to myself is therapy. Like rocking back and forth in a ball in the corner of the room. Whether or not another human hears is irrelevant. It's really just for me. That's such a cool thing. God designed it as such. He knows all this. And losing my voice was kind of like fasting music but not on purpose. I've learned so much in times when I couldn't , or didn't play or sing. Like how it IS a gift. But it's not the extent of my value or my worth. In fact my value has nothing to do with it. How well I sing or for who or how many has no bearing whatsoever on the way I am seen by God. That's a mind blower for me and always has been. God's love is not conditional on my abilities, or my actions. Or inactions. This is something I need to remind myself of alot. We all do.

So Labor of Love is the song. Andrew Peterson wrote it. Jill Philips sings it. Check it out.

No comments: