Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Watch out y'all, I've discovered Google Images

















I may not have a digital camera (it was lost somewhere between Budapest and Houston) but I've discovered GOOGLE IMAGES, hallelujah. Not to mention that I wouldn't have pictures of Israel of my own anyway so these are perfect for my task at hand: to do my best to describe what "Olivette" means, how to pronounce it, how we chose it, etc. etc.

Olivette is pronounced "Olive" like the gorgeous snack item or the ancient tree, and ette, well, think corvette. The spelling comes from a combo of 'olive' Matt's favorite color and corvette red, Matt's other favorite color.

When I came along, our Olivette ventures, which have included a PR company and a music production company gained a deeper consideration.

Mt. Olivet or the Mt of Olives was the platform Jesus used to speak and teach. It was a place of communication. It was also a place of refuge and rest for Him, the Garden of Gethsemane sits at it's base. Everything we seem to do together creatively we call Olivette. So Olivette is the name we use for our worship/ music ministry- it's not the Cameron band, it's not the Matt band, it's the vehicle from which we communicate the songs that God's given us, the things he's put on our heart. As I mentioned I am enamored of Israel and all that it represents, the part it plays in the story of my God, so I've included some gorgeous images I hope come through here. A very smart Jewish man I met recently told me "Unlike any other religion Judaism is a civilization"- one that we as Christians and "gentiles" have the great privilege of inheriting. If we chose to claim it.

Love, C






No comments: