Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Apology and other news







First, I'm sorry for my last post. No, really I am. I over reacted. Rather than address the person and the comment directly, I hauled off an fired a generalized retort that probably didn't make any sense to anyone. The "comment" wasn't even geared to me, just a generic intolerance that found it's way onto my page- likely by accident- but- nonetheless.

Onto more important things. Brian Mann just returned from India and gave me a sneak peek at the footage he shot for Freedom Firm, an organization that rescues and rehabilitates victims of forced prostitution in India. While looking at the footage Brian suggested I write a song that we could use with his images. I mentioned it to Matt and he is downstairs right now recording it:

Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. (Psalm 25:20)

There is an itch in my bones about this issue and I can't even really figure out why. There's nothing in my past or present that would indicate why I have such a burden for this- slavery, forced prostitution, etc. But I do.

We've been invited to Budapest in August to help lead worship for a new Calvary Chapel church plant in Budapest-- out by the airport. We also have a desire to bring a small group of musicians to Nice, France in the Fall and support Jassie and Igor- friends who are pioneering a YWAM base there.

In the meantime we are working- writing and recording- and trying to discern the still small voice. Pray for us- if you do that sort of thing.

He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear And will trust in the LORD. (Psalm 40:3)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Hi, Cameron!

My name is Vicki. I'm a friend of Mandy & Paul Falgout from Seoul, so I have heard all about you and Matt.

This year I am traveling around the world as a missionary, and a couple of weeks ago, the Lord told my team to come to Budapest, so here we are. I'm disappointed that you all aren't here anymore because it would have been cool to have our worlds connect. My team is working with YWAM and staying at an apartment above the Calvary Chapel at Blaha. Yeah!

Well, I'm here until the end of June. Mandy & Paul are vacationing here in July, and you'll be back in August. Hmph!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and "Easten ah jean" or however you spell "God bless you!" in Hungarian!

:) Vicki
http://victoriaskyvalidas.theworldrace.org