Sunday, July 12, 2009

Epic Sunday

I have heard some goooood preaching lately. I must be southern now because I can say that without wincing. The very idea that preaching can be a good thing- not something in my cultural dna.

Nonetheless- Jane Pettit knocked it OUT OF THE PARK this morning with a message on Revelation Chapter 2:8-11."Hang in there, better days are coming."


My mom used to say that to us when we were kids and our domestic life was a horrible disaster. 'It can only get better.' I believed her but I was often disappointed. We didn't have the same concept of hope that I have now. Hope in Someone is a fairly new development. Blind hope has little to recommend it. The law of averages is hardly comforting.

But now I find myself in conversation with the body of Christ about hope. What do you Hope for?

No comments: